News:

• April 18, 2024, 08:09:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do-More Document Editor  (Read 3087 times)

PLCGuy

• Internal Dev
Do-More Document Editor
« on: December 21, 2017, 11:38:57 AM »
I have elements not used in the program. How do I delete them off the list? All that happens is the description and other info gets erased, but not the actual element. For instance, D0 is in the list but I can not delete it. I tried the Clean Icon and all it did was erase the info.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Do-More Document Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
If it has an '*' by it and it is not used at all, just close and reopen the project.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Mike Nash

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
After you hit the Clean icon, there is a Refresh References button on the right, near the bottom of that dialog that will delete the unused, undocumented elements.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 12:19:09 PM »
After you hit the Clean icon, there is a Refresh References button on the right, near the bottom of that dialog that will delete the unused, undocumented elements.

Wow...I completely forgot that was there. I went to see when it was added...2012...by me. Yikes.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

PLCGuy

• Internal Dev
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »
Yes there is a *. Clean does not remove it and refresh does nothing. It does clean if I close the program the reopen it.
Also the window that pops up when I hit clear, does not show the D0 but other un-asigned elements. i will look into it when I get back from Holiday

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »
Yes there is a *. Clean does not remove it and refresh does nothing. It does clean if I close the program the reopen it.
Also the window that pops up when I hit clear, does not show the D0 but other un-asigned elements. i will look into it when I get back from Holiday

Refresh References from the clean dialog should work. Are you saying it isn't?

Bolt

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 01:07:32 PM »

Refresh References from the clean dialog should work. Are you saying it isn't?

Refresh References works for me, and it's exactly what I was looking for!  Helps clean up my mess when consolidating things.

While on the topic of the Documentation Editor, could you add keyboard shortcuts, such as <Insert> to Add (perhaps auto completing to Element Value where cursor is selected) and <Delete> to remove an (unused)Element?

Also, <Ctrl+C, X, V> etc don't work as intended without opening selection (F2).  It captures some funny Do-More data when an inactive editor box is Copied.  Same applies to Data Views, more or less.

PLCGuy

• Internal Dev
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 07:24:47 PM »
I see what is happening. I hit CLEAN, the window pops up. I do not see the D0 in the window. But if I hit REFRESH button at the lower right, it clears the D0
I was pressing the CLEAN and when the window popped up, closed it and press the REFRESH icon next to clear. I closed the window cause D0 in not in the window to select!

I think this is misleading on the sequence on clearing unused elements. Since there is an ADD icon, why no DELETE icon. How is one suppose to know to press the REFRESH icon in the pop up window when the element you are trying to clear is not even in the window.

too much to type, hope you get my meaning.

henke

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 04:05:34 PM »
I'm just here to hijack this thread to discuss the dreamy concept of Document Editor integration with Data Views; or vice versa. Biggest little pet peeve about Data View is that when you wish to see both the Element and the Nickname they are stacked into one cell which makes things look messy. How about just a separate column for the nickname?  :-\
Where's my kitty?

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 04:12:17 PM »
I'm just here to hijack this thread to discuss the dreamy concept of Document Editor integration with Data Views; or vice versa. Biggest little pet peeve about Data View is that when you wish to see both the Element and the Nickname they are stacked into one cell which makes things look messy. How about just a separate column for the nickname?  :-\

We would like to eventually completely rewrite Data View and Doc View to be very configurable, letting you choose exactly what you want. We see the need, just have limited development resources.

As for me, all I show in the Data View is Nicknames. If an element doesn't have a Nickname, it shows the element instead. I run my Ladder Views the same way.