News:

• April 20, 2024, 04:12:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flow Totalizer  (Read 7427 times)

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
Re: Flow Totalizer
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »
Jeff Goldblum in The Fly, pulling an all-nighter to write the code on how to deal with "skin".

As a controls guy, I thought the movie had a serious plot flaw.  So he gets teleported and inadvertently spliced at DNA level with the fly.  If you were building that machine, and could process that bandwidth of data, wouldn't you keep a copy?  And if you did, couldn't you go back and sort out fly from guy and reverse the process?
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »
And we know Jeff G is brilliant...he wrote a virus to take down an alien ship, and even reprogrammed their displays. Fly DNA? Child's play!
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
Yeah, but smart aliens would have had a password on the WiFi. Probably in characters humans can't even pronounce.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
Yeah, but smart aliens would have had a password on the WiFi. Probably in characters humans can't even pronounce.
I think they used EBCDIC, not ASCII.  Those aliens were definitely an IBM shop.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »
Plus, he was the first to figure out recreating dinosaurs might be a bad idea.  Smart guy!

hex1

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
It seems i started a great conversation ..lol

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »

Yeah...well...there were probably a few small plot issues. But admit it, Bill Pullman was an awesome president!
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 05:05:51 PM »
It seems i started a great conversation ..lol

Doesn't take much with this bunch of...SQUIRREL!

hex1

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 05:31:53 PM »
so I have seen!

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 05:44:47 PM »
so I have seen!

Still happy to help you though.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 06:53:42 PM »
I think they used EBCDIC, not ASCII.  Those aliens were definitely an IBM shop.

I think IBM was found to be the Nazgul (at least the lawyers cause they could darken the sky with them).  Do Nazgul count as aliens?

"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'" (IBM is headquartered in Armonk, New York).