Host Engineering Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2017, 11:51:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to access files stored in a BRX microSD card directly from a PC/Server  (Read 166 times)
mfloresh

« on: August 11, 2017, 06:36:49 pm »

Hello,

I was wondering what are the options for accessing files stored by a BRX on its microSD from a Server. I have used the Browse PLC File System feature in Do-More designer, but I am working on server software to capture these data files and back them up in the server. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Miguel
plcnut

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:55:08 pm »

I have not used the SD card feature yet, so am not sure of the built in options for it. I do know that you can use STREAMOUT to send the data out over TCP to a server (or a client, depending on your setup).

Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.

~Jason Wolthuis
BobO
Host Moderator

Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:24:53 pm »

As was mentioned, you can easily roll your own protocol to transfer files. You can also send a file as an attachment to email.

We would eventually like to add FTP, but it isn't a high priority right now.

"We would rather apologize to 20% for what we chose not to do, than to apologize to 100% for what we did poorly." -BobO
mfloresh

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 08:03:21 pm »

Thanks for the replies, sending the data over TCP packets sounds like a good idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: