Host Engineering Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 05:53:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DNLoader backup PLC from command line  (Read 700 times)
chache

« on: June 26, 2017, 04:08:38 pm »

Hi all,
I was wondering if there might be a way to use DNLoader to back up the programs on a bunch of PLCs.  I have a couple hundred that I'd like to do (and wouldn't mind doing on a regular basis) so I'm looking to automate this.

From the CLI docs for DNLoader it looks like I could script sending a .DAT into a PLC, but not the reverse.  Is this correct?  Is there any way, knowing the IP address, to just connect to the PLC and dump it to a named .DAT file?

I was looking at the DirectNET specs and it looks like I could use datatype 37 to access the RLL, but going that route would be more work and more error prone, so I'm wondering if maybe I'm just misunderstanding the command line switches for DNLoader.

Thanks,
Charles
Greg
HOS†ech
Host Moderator

Hmmm...

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:03 am »

You didn't misunderstand. DNLoader was meant to go in one direction when using it on the Command Line. Barring any post from BobO (who designed DNLoader), what you're wanting to do is not yet possible. But I defer...

There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: