News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:05:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: connecting to brx via ethernet  (Read 3477 times)

maciek

connecting to brx via ethernet
« on: May 18, 2017, 10:20:06 PM »
sometimes when i turn the brx plc on and try connecting to it via Ethernet it tells me no connection found  and when i open configure tab it shows 00000 in the internal ethernet port configuration and i have to connect to the plc through POM rj12 that i use for connecting to c more hmi and once i connect to it through the POM port it shows the proper ethernet connection
and is there a way when connected to brx with rj12 pom to change connection type with ethernet
this is really pissing me off

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: connecting to brx via ethernet
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:00:38 PM »
sometimes when i turn the brx plc on and try connecting to it via Ethernet it tells me no connection found  and when i open configure tab it shows 00000 in the internal ethernet port configuration and i have to connect to the plc through POM rj12 that i use for connecting to c more hmi and once i connect to it through the POM port it shows the proper ethernet connection

The IP config for the internal port is stored in flash. I'm not exactly sure what you are doing or seeing, but the only way it goes away is if you delete it.

and is there a way when connected to brx with rj12 pom to change connection type with ethernet

Absolutely. From the Dashboard, click the Ethernet port and select "Edit IP Configuration".

I'm sorry to hear that. We're here to help, and the great support techs at ADC are happy to help as well.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Evilbeard

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 07:13:11 AM »

How long are you giving the BRX to boot up? I found that if I try to connect right away, it sometimes times out. Giving it a few seconds seems to help. Also, if I change the IP address of my computer to connect to it, even after I close the Network window on my PC, it takes 5-10 seconds to make the connection, or it times out.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »
Another thing that happens is that users clear the PLC with the clear all option, not realizing that it wipes the IP config in flash. Since the cleared IP config doesn't show up until after a power cycle, they don't realize they've done it themselves.

CoolStoryBro: That's the exact reason that the default settings in the clear PLC dialog don't include the port setup. I did that to myself a half dozen times when we were developing Do-more...I was certain there was a bug in the flash. When I finally figured out what was happening (and it was quite the 'doh!' moment) we changed the default to exclude port settings.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

maciek

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 11:47:51 PM »
it shows as if the internal ethernet port configuration is offline and the configure button is disabled

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 11:50:49 PM »
it shows as if the internal ethernet port configuration is offline and the configure button is disabled

You are not connected to the PLC.

maciek

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »
i was being retarded i got it now
i changed the ip of the brx so previously saved programs could not connect
i am an idiot that is all

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:39:50 PM »
i was being retarded i got it now
i changed the ip of the brx so previously saved programs could not connect
i am an idiot that is all

Happens to us all. Glad it's working now.