Host Engineering Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:43:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Products Use Which Duplex Modes?  (Read 363 times)
Mike Nash

« on: May 13, 2017, 09:25:02 pm »

After witnessing a largish PLC system suffering from Ethernet issues, I got interested in possible causes and how to to determine if there are compatibility issues. None of this was related to products sold by AD, btw. However, I have had issues with getting Ethernet devices talking at "Ethernet" speeds with Host products in the past, so...

I have not been able to find it clearly stated whether the Do-more Ethernet ports are half, full or auto-negotiate duplex. I'm interested in the H2, BX and POM. I did see the FAQ states the ECOMs are half duplex only.

While this won't be an issue with Host to Host (say through a crossover cable or managed switch) it possibly could be with a full duplex only device or managed switch set that way.

So far, one of the devices by a third party I'm searching for has no mention either.

I know only enough to be shocked at how many ways I have read you can be burned by things I never knew were even an issue.

Worse, auto-negotiate was another of those "standards" that various vendors took to mean different things, even big named ones.
BobO
Host Moderator

Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:10:06 pm »

Do-more auto-negotiates.

"We would rather apologize to 20% for what we chose not to do, than to apologize to 100% for what we did poorly." -BobO
Mike Nash

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 06:58:20 pm »

Do-more auto-negotiates.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: