News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: T1H-EBC100 Firmware Details  (Read 15829 times)

Mike Nash

T1H-EBC100 Firmware Details
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »
Regarding the latest firmware for the T1H-EBC100 4.0.1432:

We have more than a couple of these in the field and I saw some chatter about this issue on another forum. I am wanting to head off any troubles if anything needs it now or if someone updates firmware.
BTW, your home page could use refreshing when you get a chance. This is not shown there (4.0.1429 is).

1) Does this issue occur with the D2-260 and H2-ERM100?

2) Which firmware versions of the Do-more have a problem without this?

3) It sure would be nice if DmD would download the firmware and notify us that it did and to use NetEdit3. I'll admit to going far astray trying to figure out what I had to do. (NetEdit3 is an iffy thing to use as it is, due to sometimes crashing and other times refusing to see what is there without having all the right combinations selected. Even single device won't work with the wrong protocol selected. Not all of us are networking wizards. ;) )

4) Well, while I am here. It would also be nice if DmD warned us another Master was already using the EBC when we try to slave it again to a different Master. I guess all the flashing comms errors for the module was a give-away, but I couldn't lay eyes on either PLC to see the blinky red ERR lights on both.

Code: [Select]
7-Apr-2017
Fixed a problem that would prevent all but channel 0 of an analog output module from updating after a timeout. The output value of the remaining channels would remain at 0 after communication with the EBC100 was restored.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: T1H-EBC100 Firmware Details
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
1) Does this issue occur with the D2-260 and H2-ERM100?

The issue is in the EBC100 itself, and is a bug...in a workaround...for an unintended hardware change in an analog module...due to a part going obsolete. Yeah.

I would assume it could show up in anything driving an EBC100, although I'm thinking it only showed up when the poll rates were very slow (like 2Hz, slow).

2) Which firmware versions of the Do-more have a problem without this?

Not sure I follow. It isn't a Do-more issue.

3) It sure would be nice if DmD would download the firmware and notify us that it did and to use NetEdit3. I'll admit to going far astray trying to figure out what I had to do. (NetEdit3 is an iffy thing to use as it is, due to sometimes crashing and other times refusing to see what is there without having all the right combinations selected. Even single device won't work with the wrong protocol selected. Not all of us are networking wizards. ;) )

Some crashes have been fixed in the latest version...which might have actually been published...or not. I suspect there are still some, specifically related to the ever changing interface detection landscape. Microsoft...:rolls eyes:.

The only protocol that matters in everything since XP is IP.

Selecting the interface is required due to Microsoft making IP stack changes. Specifically, they stopped sending broadcasts out of every NIC, and instead grab some random one, unless you bind the connection to a specific one...which you do by picking from the list. I'm sure that if we weren't eyeballs deep in developing products, we could spend time on NetEdit, but we are.

4) Well, while I am here. It would also be nice if DmD warned us another Master was already using the EBC when we try to slave it again to a different Master. I guess all the flashing comms errors for the module was a give-away, but I couldn't lay eyes on either PLC to see the blinky red ERR lights on both.

On the one hand, yeah, we could probably come up with some improvements (but remember the eyeballs thing). On the other hand, a network environment that has multiple masters and slaves all visible to each each seems bad...right?
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Mike Nash

Re: T1H-EBC100 Firmware Details
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
On the other hand, a network environment that has multiple masters and slaves all visible to each each seems bad...right?

I would be hard put to argue against that. The real world typically finds someone decides to get all the standalone PLC systems on a plant network and there you go. These are on my desk, but I was at my house when I saw the chatter about the EBC online.

Thanks for the info on the other questions. I'll just sit tight unless someone has an issue or I am on site anyway.