Host Engineering Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 27, 2017, 01:32:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: H2-CTRIO  (Read 103 times)
PLCGuy
Internal Dev

« on: March 19, 2017, 07:21:53 pm »

Hi
I have an older Ctrio Card. I want to experiment with it in a Do-More. Information I found says I do not need workbench to use this with a Do_More. The firmware is old, so how do I upgrade it?
Also, D0-More does not recognize it in auto. So I installed it manually and I get an error. Tells me to click on IO Config. When I do a pane opens on the left and shows in RED the base has a problem. The info on the right says a CTRIO is expected but showing Huh. So the Ctrio will not install.

Where is there clear information how to install the H2-CTRIO? On host website when I click on CTRIO the info says I do not need workbench if I am using a Do-More, but on Automation Direct it definitely shows in the manual I need it to configure the card.

In any case, why wont the CTRIO install in the Do-More CPU base? And how do I upgrade the firmware for it?
BobO
Host Moderator

Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:50:16 pm »

Not sure what to tell you. It is supported in Do-more, and no, you don't need workbench. Are you sure the module is good? If you are sure it's good, then maybe you should upgrade it first using workbench, and then try it again on Do-more.

Also bears mention that some of the nicer features are only supported in the CTRIO2. In particular, the CTAXnnn instructions are CTRIO2 only.

"We would rather apologize to 20% for what we chose not to do, than to apologize to 100% for what we did poorly." -BobO
PLCGuy
Internal Dev

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 06:27:49 am »

Will try to figure out what is going on with the CTRIO card. Is it possible to update the firemware through DO-More? I tried update firmware, but that did not do anything for me.
Also getting a wierd error. I attached a picture. When I click on the error light below a box pops up and i select Check I/O, as you can see a pane opens to the Left. While this pane is open the pull down above do not work properly. For example, If I hover over FILE it expands, then move the mouse over one of the selection, within a couple seconds they disappear and I can not make a selection. I close the I/O pane and all works again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: