News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:42:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Questions about BRX?  (Read 33427 times)

ADC Product Engineer

Re: Questions about BRX?
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2017, 05:00:20 PM »
Not quite yet.  I think they are still working on a few other features before popping it out.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2017, 05:03:25 PM »
Not quite yet.  I think they are still working on a few other features before popping it out.

No? Oops. My bad.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Evilbeard

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »

No? Oops. My bad.

Oh well, no rush. It's an added function that the operators don't need to run, but I wanted to add. I'll just wait for the new driver for implementation.

DLTimmons

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2017, 12:09:14 PM »
:-[

Now that you mention it, those are all DC powered units. Whew! I'm not saying I wouldn't use them, but I prefer the AC powered.

I'm still getting used to the part numbers. That and spring is not my best season.

If most companies are like us we have switched to all DC units. The reason Arch Flash ever tried to type on laptop wearing hot gloves! WE build with two cabinets one controls all 24 Volt DC the other has every thing above 50 volts.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
If most companies are like us we have switched to all DC units. The reason Arch Flash ever tried to type on laptop wearing hot gloves! WE build with two cabinets one controls all 24 Volt DC the other has every thing above 50 volts.

Maybe one the ADC guys can comment, but I assume the BRX AC vs DC stocking plan was driven by studying existing DL06/DL205 AC/DC volume. For whatever reason, there has been far more interest in the DC units than expected. We're having to scramble a bit, but we should have everything back in stock within a couple of weeks. Just growing pains.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »
Somebody needs to check those "safety" guys.  This is getting completely out of hand.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

ADC Product Engineer

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »
Maybe one the ADC guys can comment, but I assume the BRX AC vs DC stocking plan was driven by studying existing DL06/DL205 AC/DC volume. For whatever reason, there has been far more interest in the DC units than expected. We're having to scramble a bit, but we should have everything back in stock within a couple of weeks. Just growing pains.

I am not sure what method my compatriot used to determine stocking levels, but I know he did a lot of analysis before coming up with the BRX stocking numbers.  He ran the numbers by me (I am the Do-more Product Engineer) and a few other folks and then adjusted them upwards once again and we still have managed to stock out of some parts.  :(

I don't envy him his job.  It is a lot more art than science.  Trust me when I say ADC hates to run out of stock on anything.  We pride ourselves in having what you need in stock and getting it to you on time.  But, it happens.  We can't foresee a customer coming in and ordering thousands of something off of the website with no notice.  (Yes, that actually happens as crazy as that may seem.)  We try very hard to forecast and make sure that we have safety stock, but sometimes demand is unpredictable.

Garyhlucas

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2017, 10:08:32 PM »
:-[

Now that you mention it, those are all DC powered units. Whew! I'm not saying I wouldn't use them, but I prefer the AC powered.

I'm still getting used to the part numbers. That and spring is not my best season.

Same here, only 24vdc in one box stacked on another with all the higher voltages. I had a size one combination starter on 480vac blow up in my face when I was about 20 years old. Removed my mustache, eyebrows, eye lashes, and gave me a sunburn! Good thing I was wearing glasses. Someone taped up pieces of copper pipe to look like fuses, so I blew out the main service breaker.