News:

• April 19, 2024, 02:17:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DMD error  (Read 2111 times)

mhw

DMD error
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:14:54 PM »
I have been having a lot of problems with DMD locking up on me this past week. I think that it only happens when I am online with a PLC. I do know that the odds of it happening are indirectly proportional to how much time I have available. Typically it takes a reboot to get it working. Sometimes I am able to restart DMD and it will work.
It is running on WIN7 Enterprise in VMware.

plcnut

• premiersi.com
Re: DMD error
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 05:23:14 PM »
It will probably be helpful if you would post the dump file( the *.dmp file that is shown in the top error message) either here, or email it to Host.
Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.

~Jason Wolthuis
Premier Systems Integration, LLC
http://premiersi.com

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »
I have been having a lot of problems with DMD locking up on me this past week. I think that it only happens when I am online with a PLC. I do know that the odds of it happening are indirectly proportional to how much time I have available. Typically it takes a reboot to get it working. Sometimes I am able to restart DMD and it will work.
It is running on WIN7 Enterprise in VMware.

Send one of more of the dump files to support@hosteng.com. If you can give us any guidance into what you are doing when it happens, that would be great. Also, how are you connected to the PLC?

Since it is the DmD process crashing, it's probably leaving the Comm Server process running in an awkward state. If you will pull up Task Manager and kill the CSMain process, you should be able to run again without rebooting.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

mhw

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 06:38:06 AM »
I am still having problems after updating to 2.0.3. Do you have any ideas?

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »
I am still having problems after updating to 2.0.3. Do you have any ideas?
We fixed the primary issue you were having in 1.4.3 (it was fixed in 2.0.3), however, this may be different.

Please do the same and ZIP your .dmp file(s) that are in your 2.0 "bin" folder, then email the ZIP file to support@hosteng.com.