News:

• March 18, 2024, 10:00:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: conversion DirectSoft5 to Do-More Designer  (Read 3739 times)

mikeweber3

conversion DirectSoft5 to Do-More Designer
« on: November 12, 2016, 10:59:32 AM »
Hello,

I have very little experience with PLC programming.  I have been helping someone get a wind generator up and running.  It has 135 rungs, 15 inputs, 7 outputs, 2 analog inputs, no analog outputs.  It has 1 high speed counter, several timers and a lot of math calculations that did not convert properly.  I want to be able to remote access it and therefore am considering converting it to Do-More.  Is this a good idea?

I ran the Do-more conversion software and got 70 warnings and 67 messages.  It looks very overwhelming to me.  I am looking for someone to convert it for me or talk me through it. 

Thanks
Mike 

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
Re: conversion DirectSoft5 to Do-More Designer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:50:55 PM »
Converting to a Do-More is [almost] always a good idea, but I wouldn't lean too much on the automagic conversion.  Rewriting by hand lets you clean up the program concept plus you're much more likely to use the new capabilities DM gives you.  Automated conversions, of whatever brand, are almost always a 70% solution at best.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.