News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GS 10P25 Drive  (Read 11285 times)

hex1

GS 10P25 Drive
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:53:23 PM »
Hi,
   I configured a GS2-10PS drive with GS-EDRV100 and a DOMORE plc (TESTING AND LEARNING.

Is DST28,$IOMasterError bit to be used to stop the plc program in the event of a loss in communications?

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: GS 10P25 Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 09:52:47 AM »
DST28 ($IOMasterErrors) is a 32-bit word containing I/O Master error bits for each I/O Master. Currently there are only two I/O Masters possible, the @LocalIOMaster (which controls the local I/O modules) and the @EthIOMaster (which must be enabled in the CPU Config and controls EBC100 slave bases from the built-in Ethernet port). The LocalIOMaster's error bit it Bit0 of DST28 and the EthIOMaster's error bit it Bit1 of DST28.

These bits are set ON if that particular I/O Master has slaves that have errors. This error reporting is described in Do-more Help Topic DMD0249.

There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: GS 10P25 Drive
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:37:49 AM »
FYI, if the communication between the GS-EDRV100 and the drive is bad (over the serial connection), then the GS-EDRV100 structure member bit called .IntCommFault will come ON. Currently the Help Topic in Do-more Designer says this bit indicates a bad Ethernet connection, but this is incorrect (and will be corrected in the next release of Do-more Designer); instead, it actually indicates the health of the serial connection between the GS-EDRV100 and the drive itself.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.