News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do you reset ip address back to default  (Read 6568 times)

senojlr1@suddenlink.net

How do you reset ip address back to default
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
I have several ecom and ecom 100 modules that were pulled from the field that I do not know what the ip address's are. Is there any way to set them back to the default 0.0.0.0 address so that I can access them and  change
IP address .

MikeS

• Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: How do you reset ip address back to default
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:32:12 AM »
the ECOM100's are easy, power them up with DIP #6 ON to reset the unit to factory defaults, then power down and turn DIP #6 OFF, then power up normally.

the easiest way with the ECOMs is to find PC that has IPX protocol - like Windows XP - and run NetEdit using IPX protocol to see the units on the network. Once you can see them you can use the Reset To Factory Defaults option to clear the TCP/IP information.
Good design costs a lot. Bad design costs even more.

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »
Also, if you have DirectSOFT or Do-more Designer installed on your PC, you can run a program called IPConfig. It allows you to find Host Ethernet devices only knowing their MAC/Ethernet address, which is printed on their labels.
- In DSLaunch you will find it under Utilities... just double click to open up and select the Help button to see how it works.
- In Do-more Designer you will find it on the Launchpad tab in the Applications window... just double click to open...
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

WKM

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »
I have DSLaunch 5.3, and don't see an IPConfig program under Utilities.

Thanks

WKM

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »
Found an old XP machine. IPX not there. Installed NWLink IPX/....
NetEdit3 picked it up under IPX right away, and the Factory Restore worked.
Thanks Everyone!

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 06:13:50 PM »
Another thing you can sometimes do with automation devices in general (though never tried with an ECOM so no guarantee this will work) is to power up the module, connect to it with a cable from a PC with as little else networked to it as possible, run Wireshark, watch for the device querying to see who's out there, and see what the IP is.  Looking at Wireshark's version of the MAC address is helpful as the MAC ranges often are assigned to the automation vendor.  Host, GE, etc., which can help identify traffic from the automation device.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »
Found an old XP machine. IPX not there. Installed NWLink IPX/....
NetEdit3 picked it up under IPX right away, and the Factory Restore worked.
Thanks Everyone!
Yes, sorry. I believe it came out in DirectSOFT6 which you can install as a demo and get the IPConfig program. Also it is installed with Do-more Designer which is totally free.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.