Host Engineering Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2018, 02:38:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTRIO - DL06 - Dynamic Positioning - Cycling not working  (Read 2169 times)
houleyh

« on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:21 pm »

Hi,  I am working on a drilling application.

The machine will have to go to a certain number of positions and then perform drilling operations.  I am working with a Stage programming and DL06. 

The whole idea would be to first read the quantity of positions and the position themselves and then cycle the stepper.

Why is this sequence (See Attachment) only working once and stays stuck at the stage 6 because B422.1 (Position loaded) remains OFF?

Thanks for your help

Greg
HOS†ech
Host Moderator

Hmmm...

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:46 am »

I highly recommend you use DirectSOFT's IBoxes for the CTRIO2 to do what you want.

Also, note that [EnableOutput] bit (your B456.0) is something you must turn ON, but [OutputEnable] bit (B422.0) is a bit that is coming from the CTRIO2 telling you that the [EnableOutput] worked. See your Stage S5. That contact should be B422.0 and not B456.0.

Also, I don't know what your Stage S7 is doing because I don't know what you are using V1000 (CTA0) for.

Attached is the PDF with a flowchart for using IBoxes and CTRIO2 for Dynamic Position or Dynamic Position PLUS.

Also, I assume your file #2 in the CTRIO2 is the Dynamic Position profile that you configured.

There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.
Jimenaz

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:35:19 am »

It's a great help, and I want to know if you can point to the source of these content.
Greg
HOS†ech
Host Moderator

Hmmm...

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 08:43:18 am »

If you are referring to the PDF flowchart of the CTRIO2, the source of that information is me. I created flowcharts for all the major functions of the CTRIO/CTRIO2. You can download the charts from the CTRIO FAQ0054. To go there, go to our website (hosteng.com), in the left pane, click on FAQs, then select the CTRIO/CTRIO2 as the product, then scroll down to CTRIO FAQ0054.

There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: