News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:05:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GS Drive EDRV100 data mapped into DoMore Q?  (Read 12782 times)

stoic-one

GS Drive EDRV100 data mapped into DoMore Q?
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:22:29 PM »
This may sound like an odd question, but why is the specialty I/O ( ex. $GS1_xxx) .RunCommand mapped into an unsigned integer?

Don't you just set it to 1 to command a drive to run, and clear the bit to stop it?  Am I missing something?

I haven't seen any documentation stating that it is enumerated in any way...  Are there other word/bit things going on I am not aware of?

Thanks for any assistance.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: GS Drive EDRV100 data mapped into DoMore Q?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:50:32 PM »
Don't know all of the details...but...Do-more is just exposing the interface data as it is expressed by the EDRV100. My semi-educated guess is that the register setup was done this way to be easiest for Modbus, where all registers were accessed as 16 bit ints. Do-more could have easily exposed that as a single bit, but honestly, it never occurred to me to do so.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

stoic-one

Re: GS Drive EDRV100 data mapped into DoMore Q?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »
Don't know all of the details...but...Do-more is just exposing the interface data as it is expressed by the EDRV100. My semi-educated guess is that the register setup was done this way to be easiest for Modbus, where all registers were accessed as 16 bit ints. Do-more could have easily exposed that as a single bit, but honestly, it never occurred to me to do so.
The only reason I bothered to ask is because the direction bit, for example, is just that, a bit.

I thought perhaps there was some other voodoo going on, like maybe preset speed selects like some other manufacturers are known to do...  I just never found any documentation stating that was the case.

Thanks much.