News:

• March 29, 2024, 05:56:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to connect so as to upload logic  (Read 34796 times)

GT6Smith

How to connect so as to upload logic
« on: May 01, 2013, 05:25:19 PM »
Greetings, I just discovered your WPLC3 CPU yesterday when attempting to document and potentially add to the DataLogic 205 PLC's in a bank of my machines.  I was confident and comfortable with the Koyo's but have been thrown a bit by your equipment.

What should I use to connect to this CPU?

I've downloaded several programs, Do-More, Click, and Think&Do.  T&D has a CE Watch that looks like it should find my CPU.  Will it find the IP address?  I can't seem to type in the MAC address anywhere.  I've set my laptop to a Static IP that I expect to be in the range and the Local Area Connection was happy that a connection was made at 100 MBPS, if I remember correctly, via the 10BaseT port.

This is a CPU H2-WPLS3-EN-3A, 0309 vintage.  Is there a default IP address assigned?

I'm using an EzTouch HMI with known protocal, Would I be able to access the program through the seial port more readily with the HMI removed?

I'm weak with networking so perhaps that's my entire issue?

Thanx in advance, Steve in Las Vegas

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: How to connect so as to upload logic
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »
I afraid we're not going to be much help. Host designed the WinPLC CPU module itself, but the operating system running on that particular version is from Entivity, now part of Phoenix Contact. Your best bet is to contact Automation Direct and go from there, although they may direct you to someone at Phoenix.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

GT6Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 06:05:30 PM »
OK, Thanx Bob,

I noticed on the Automation Direct advert for this CPU they said it was preloaded with Think and Do.  I guess I'll focus on that one for now.

Thanx, Steve

DLTimmons

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
I used quiet a few WinPLCs. I connect using a ethernet cross over cable direct from my laptop with a static IP address to the ethenet port on the WinPLC. The Winplc is a 10 MBPS while the Do-More is 100 MBPS. My IT guys had to set up a a V-Lan for all my winplcs.

I would look at the D0-More half the cost of the WinPLC. If your not use to the flow chart programming of Think and Do it will take a while to get use to it. Took me a few years to get use to it. The do-more is ladder if you use Direct Logic you will probly pick up the Do-More much faster.

Donnie